Click - Photos & Reflections of Youth Work & Wellbeing is a very simple activity that can be done collectively in a group or individually by a young person. It was launched as part of Youth Work Ireland Week 2016 and will run throughout the summer months. It will culminate in an exhibition display at our National Conference in Dublin Castle in October on a Wall of Wellbeing where all entries will be displayed. All you have to do is make a picture or take a photo which best demonstrates and speaks to the following statement….
“being part of a youth service supports my wellbeing”
Posters of Wellbeing
We are asking young people to make a poster which can be any size or shape, using any type of materials – arts, textiles, paint, and which can be done collectively in their youth group or individually. The poster must demonstrate and speak to the statement above. Each poster must be accompanied by a caption or short paragraph which describes the poster. The caption can be either included on the poster or written on the back and will be displayed on the Wall of Wellbeing at the National Conference 2016.
Portraits of Wellbeing
Based on the Humans of New York campaign, we are asking young people to take a photograph or selfie which best demonstrates and speaks to the statement above. The photo must contain an image of a person(s) and include a caption or short paragraph which will be displayed alongside the photos on the Wall of Wellbeing at the National Conference 2016. The caption can be written on the back of the photo or included in the email/ post. Photos can be posted, emailed or shared on Youth Work Ireland’s Facebook page.
Terms and Conditions
• Entries will be judged based on concept and sentiment and how the reflection speaks to the statement, rather than artistic merit.
• All posters and portraits must be accompanied by a caption or short paragraph.
• All photographs/selfies must contain an image of a person(s).
• Entries can be posted, emailed or shared on Youth Work Ireland’s Facebook Page.
• The winners will be announced at the end of the National Conference 2016 – judging will have taken place by an external judge(s) prior to the event.
• Please ensure the youth club/project/service or individual’s name is named on the back or attached to the photo email/post with contact details.
• Please use the hashtag #wellbeing2016
Click 2015 winner Jessica Nea – Kilfenora Youth Club – Clare Youth Service
Clann LÍr Abú! Flag making night for a local football final. Taken by Jessica Nea, age 13 wins an iphone 5.